Most Australian printing companies today, adhere to standards in the industry that ensure trees are planted to replace the paper is used in printing. There are, however, more ways in which we can be eco-friendly. Did you know, for example, that vegetable inks can be used?
Next time you’re using a printer at work ask them about their recycled stock and alternative inks.
Please don’t forget to recycle and re-use your wrapping paper and cards.
Here are a few ideas:
- Use old greeting cards and wrapping paper for craft with the kids. You can make collages or wrap cardboard boxes and use them as storage.
- Buy a papermaking kit and make your own paper. Great for gift ideas and making your own stationery sets.
- Ask your local preschool if they would like to use the old paper for craft activities.
- Collect your paper and cardboard and have it collected for free by a recycle service such as Paper-go-round.
ekonima is the novelty brand that sells unique wooden nature-inspired prints that double as art cards. ekonima embodies the ethos of living in an ethically and environmentally minded way. All materials used are 100% recycled and sustainable.
Beautiful photos of local flora are printed on micro wood veneer, which is sourced from sustainable FSC-controlled wood logs. The veneer is 100% biodegradable and uses up to 50% less wood compared to the paper equivalent.
ekonima seeks to both capture and celebrate the essence of nature, as experienced in the city of Sydney, Australia.
Each ekonima print can be framed and displayed as wall decor, or be gifted as art cards, or both! All prints come with a recycled brown Kraft paper envelope and acid free cellophane bag.
- prints, nature prints, wall art, nature-inspired prints, wood prints, woodart, greeting cards, eco cards, xmas cards, premium cards, Australian botanical cards, botanical prints, wood cards, Australian made, unique gifts
Whether used for greeting cards, social stationery, or promotions, our all-natural seed paper makes its most meaningful impact when planted—the garden it grows can be enjoyed year after year, adding a little more beauty to our world.
- Seed paper cards and gifts, seed wedding paper, seed paper sheets, seed promotions, seed paper shapes,
Botanical PaperWorks is the world-leading producer of eco-friendly paper products that grow into flowers when planted. We manufacture and design stationery, invitations, wedding favors, and corporate and promotional products made from paper embedded with seeds. When planted, the seed paper grows into wildflowers or a variety of culinary herbs.
- Seed paper, wedding invitations and stationery, seed paper promotions, seeded and plantable stationery and gifts
Scrub Australia plantable seed stationery is embedded with tiny seeds...live seeds that grow when planted.
Both our stationery and envelopes are made from 100% post-consumer paper making our stationery truly environmentally friendly.
- Plantable seeded stationery, plantable wedding invites and stationery, card seedlings, plantable paper and envelopes, seeded gift tags
Our recycled and eco-friendly stationery range is designed to not only encourage and enhance enjoyment of self-expression through fine, unique stationery, but to help preserve forests, water and climate.
All our products are made of recycled paper, earth-friendly materials and using eco-conscious printing including non-toxic inks, waterless processes and 100% solar power.
- Notebooks, Greeting Cards, Lettersets, Envelopes, Notepads, Memobooks, Writing Accessories
In 2005 Rebound Books started to rescue old and unloved books to create unique stationery in an environmentally responsible way. We take something old (and likely to end up in landfill) and recreate it as something new and beautiful using 100% recycled Australian made paper. Now given a new life, the books can be filled with thoughts, sketches, shopping lists, ideas or photos of your own. Each Rebound Book is handmade, each cover is unique, each page is hand cut and each binding is closed by hand.
We work with a local printer and use only vegetable based inks. We offset the carbon emissions from all of the printing jobs and only print on 100% recycled Australian made papers.
- Calendars, diaries, pocket books, journals, graph books, sketch books, photo albums, bookmarks, indigenous literacy foundation.
Our Gifts of Seeds are gorgeous gift cards which contain a packet of organic seeds, providing a sweet and thoughtful gift that grows. Sow 'n Sow also create custom Gifts of Seeds where distinctive design and a tailored seed selection combine to provide an effective and engaging product. Custom Gifts of Seeds are eco friendly and provide a lasting memory, ideal for corporate promotions or special events such as weddings, conferences and functions. Sow 'n Sow's products are designed and made in Melbourne using environmentally friendly materials. Our seeds are sourced from certified organic suppliers and we use FSC certified paper, soy based inks and 100% recycled envelopes.
- Gift cards with organic seeds.
ecojot is an environmentally conscious stationery company that produces products for which the paper content is 100% post-consumer recycled. No new trees are cut in the making of these journals! The paper is acid free and processed chlorine free, and all inks and glues are vegetable based. The mill where the notebooks are made is even powered by biogas harnessed from a nearby landfill. The "GIVE" program started in 2010 and uses a simple premise: With the sale of each 5x7", Jumbo journal and all eco sketchbooks, we will donate a school workbook or pencil to a child in need .
- Greeting cards, calendars, notepads, notebooks, sketchbooks, journals.
Eco friendly marketplace promoting products that are organic, upcycled and fair trade direct from independent designers and ethical producers
- Fair trade clothing, stationery & cards, craft, bags, jewelery, food & drink, toys, bay, beauty, home & garden, organic baby, organic beauty, pets, music and books.