Are you being as energy efficient as possible? Here are a few tips:
- Get an assessment to energy rate your home.
- Seal the gaps under doors, floors and windows. Draughts account for a significant amount of energy loss.
- By replacing halogen and feature lights with LED lamps you can be up to 10-times more efficient.
- Turn off lights and heating when the room is not in use.
- Turn off electrical appliances at the wall when not in use. Appliances left on standby still use energy.
- Use the correct size and type of heater for the room. Overheating wastes energy.
- Set your hot water cylinder to 60°C, the minimum recommended storage temperature. Warm air rises, so insulate your ceiling, it's one of the best ways to cut your energy bills.
- If you're about to buy a new appliance, choose an energy efficient model by comparing the star ratings.
- If you have a dishwasher, try to use it only when it's fully loaded.
- Use the sun to dry clothes when you can, not the dryer.
Select ‘cold wash’ on your washing machine and save energy.
Leadsun is a leading manufacturer of solar-powered LED lighting products that have been designed and developed to meet the requirements for Government, Industrial and Residential applications. such as: Energy Efficient Solar Street Lighting, Solar Lights for Car Parks & Bus Shelters, Solar Billboard, Signage Lighting, Solar Courtyard, Solar Garden Lighting, Energy Efficient Lighting for Mining, Rail, Commercial Solar Lighting & Strata, Security & Perimeter Solar Lighting, Solar Lights for Pathways & Driveways.
Our Green Friendly solar lighting range has revolutionized the industry by offering innovative and sustainable designs perfect for all types of installations.
- Green Friendly solar lighting, Solar Street Lighting, Solar LightsBus Shelters Solar Lights, Solar Billboard, Signage Lighting, Solar Garden Lighting, Commercial Solar Lighting, Security Perimeter Solar Lighting.
Eclipse Solar provides solar panel installation services and supplies REC solar panels and solar hot water systems in Queensland, including Nambour, the Sunshine Coast, the Gold Coast and Brisbane.
- REC solar panels, solar panel installation, solar hot water systems, solar panels
Regardless of whether you are a climate change believer or skeptic, you'll agree that we cannot continue to treat the Earth the way we have. We all need to live a more sustainable and eco-friendly lifestyle, and to take better care of our environment, for the sake of our children and grandchildren. Neco's mission is to educate Australian's about sustainable living, and living a more eco-friendly lifestyle. It's not about making compromises, or becoming radical Greenies - it's about smart green living.
- Solar power, hot water, water saving, led lighting, insulation, fuel cell.
Australis Solar is a renewable energy solutions provider based in Perth, Western Australia. We design and install photovoltaic grid connect systems and solar energy monitoring equipment for homes and workplaces. We work in the Perth metro area and around Western Australia.
Approved by the Clean Energy Council, we stock a quality range of solar panels, inverters, mounting systems and solar power products.
- Solar panels, solar inverters, solar installations, monitoring equipement.
At Infinity Solar we’re committed to providing you with the best quality solar power solutions. With offices up and down the east coast (and a touch further west in Toowoomba) we service everywhere from the largest cities to the tiniest towns - and everywhere in between.
- Solar power for residential and commercial, tailor made systems
The Australian Conservation Foundation's GreenHome program is a pioneering environmental education program that works with communities to find individual and collective solutions to environmental issues. Save water, save energy, reduce waste, clean travel, green eating, green garden, smart shop, no chemicals
Professional Solar Power System Adelaide installation services anywhere in Australia, it includes easy steps to Design Your Own complete solar power system to work like your own electric company.
This electricity produced is then used to power your house. If you are connected to the electricity grid and you are producing more than you are using, the excess electricity is fed back into the grid and a bi-directional meter records the amount of power which you export. Most electricity retailers will credit you 44 cents per Kw/h on to your electricity account (this is around double what you pay for power).
- Solar power installation, Solar power system
Solarise our mission is to make alternative energy more accessible to Australians by making it easier and more affordable to solarise your home and start saving quickly.
Solarise is led by experienced professionals with years of expertise in the solar industry. We choose to use only highly efficient, monocrystalline panels with quality inverters and experienced installers, who are accredited by the CEC (Clean Energy Council) so you can have peace of mind.
- Solar electricity panels, solar hot water heat pump
Greenfleet exists to make a difference, not a profit.
Greenfleet is a non-profit organisation, encouraging people to avoid and reduce greenhouse gas emissions and then offset any remaining emissions by planting biodiverse native forests through Greenfleet’s tax deductible offset program.
With the help of Greenfleet’s voluntary offset program, you can easily reduce your car’s impact on the environment. For less than the price of a tank of fuel, Greenfleet will plant Australian native trees as part of a biodiverse forest to offset the emissions of an average medium car for one year. The resulting forests will also tackle salinity, reduce soil erosion, improve water quality and provide essential habitat for native wildlife.
Greenfleet also plants native forests to offset the emissions generated by air travel, household and business energy use.
Visit Greenfleet's website to find out how you can make a positive difference for the environment.
- Carbon offset, biosequestration, native forests, native trees