It's Easy to Conserve WaterBY DIONNE LISTER
World Water day was in March, and whilst we pointed this out to you, we thought it might be a good idea to remind everyone that being water wise isn’t just about doing your bit for one day, but to try to keep it up throughout the year!
So here are some easy tips
- Have shorter showers and install a low flow shower-head - it can reduce shower water consumption by 50% or more.
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth. A running tap can spew out 7 litres per minute.
- Leaking taps can waste up to 10 litres per day. Fix them now.
- Take your car through a car wash instead of hand washing - car washes use an average of 166 litres, whereas hand-washing uses twice that.
- Water the garden in the morning, before the heat of the day when a lot of the water will evaporate before it’s absorbed into the plants and soil.
- Put a pool cover on your pool and save between 8,000 - 10,000 litres in summer.